Case Study: Industrial Manufacturing
GypTech Process Control Wiring and Equipment Upgrade for High Speed Wall Board Production
Gypsum Technologies (Gyptech), an Ontario based company that specializes in complete turn-key solutions for automated board plants, was working with one of the world's leading makers of tissue, pulp, paper, packaging and building projects. This customer engaged Gyptech to upgrade equipment in one of their New England plants to enable a high-speed wall board production process. As Gyptech put together the project team to install its turn-key solution, the customer recommended Hammond Electric be the electrical contractor as they had prior experience in working with Hammond and were confident in their abilities.
The New England wall board production plant was shut down for 7 days to remove existing equipment and install the new Gyptech high-speed wallboard production equipment for a complete turn-key solution.
Hammond Electric's work ensured the Gyptech equipment was properly installed for optimal production performance, safety and compliance. The scope of electrical work included the following:
- Multiple control & PLC Cabinets - Proper installation of the PLC control cabinets ensures reliable functioning of the plant’s automation processes.
- Field Devices – The correct set up, calibration and configuration provides efficiencies during routine maintenance.
- Power Supply & VFD motor feeders
- Control Wiring
- The project was completed on schedule with minimal disruptions to operations - the wall board plant was back up and running after a 1 week shutdown.
- The New England plant has increased productivity and efficiencies as a result of the Hammond Electric team working side by side with the Gyptech commissioning team.
Hammond Electric was referred to us for this project. We would definitely work with them again given their proven ability to deliver high quality electrical work on-time while consciously working with the entire project team. They were an integral part of the project's success.
Mario Letwin, P. Eng.
Site Engineer, GypTech